Dietetics And Nutrition
Dietitians are health professionals who assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems at an individual and wider public health level.
You don’t have to be sick or unwell to need a dietitian. In fact, our dietitian works closely with families to ensure the whole family is consuming a whole, balanced diet that prevents disease and keeps everyone in good health.
It is recommended that you see a dietitian if you have any of the following:
- You suffer from digestive problems, including ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, constipation and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- You have been diagnosed with a medical condition, such as diabetes, insulin resistance, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, coeliac disease, etc.
- Your child has any specialised nutritional requirements, such as failure to thrive, cerebral palsy, etc.
- You want advice on breastfeeding and complementary feeding
- You want to maximise your chances to become pregnant
- You think you may have an allergy or intolerance to a certain food
- You have oral, enteral or parenteral nutrition requirements
- You are wanting or needing to lose weight in a safe and sensible way
- You need to gain weight following a spell of ill-health or as a result of a medical condition
- You are considering weight loss surgery
- You want to improve your athletic performance, as well as general fitness levels
- You struggle with ADD or ADHD
- You have been diagnosed with Gout
- You suffer from disordered eating such as bulimia, anorexia, BED
- You want to find healthier food alternatives for better lives for you and your family
At Infinity Clinic, your consultation will include a full diet history, which will enable the dietitian to develop a customized care plan for you (may include a meal plan, depending on the requirements). Our dietetics and nutrition expert also advises on infant nutrition and maternal nutrition.